Business Tax Update - N. Charleston (SMTX02/19)
About This Course
The passing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act results in significant tax reform that impacts nearly every business. This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the changes impacting corporations and pass-through entities along with reviewing tax planning considerations for investors, owners and executives.
- Tax Rates
- Cost Recovery (Increased expensing and Modifications to depreciation limits on luxury automobiles; Modifications to certain farm property; Applicable recovery for real property)
- Small Business Accounting Methods (Increases in thresholds; Use of Form 3115)
- Modifications of S to C conversions
- Reform of Business-Related Exclusions and Deductions(Interest; Net Operating Losses; Like-kind exchanges; DPAD; Entertainment expenses)
- Reform of Business Credits
- Energy Credits
- Reforms related to other provisions and compensation
- Deductions for income from a trade or business (Simple rules; Income-based rules; Professional service-based rules)
All credits earned will be recorded and reflected in the transcripts section
of your individual account.